Saturday, March 24, 2007

Travelling With The Spirit Traveller


Back in San Antonio, Texas, I have had the opportunity to sit down with several of my readers and get some feedback from them. Mario, is one such reader. He is a visually imparied rape crisis counsellor, a Chicano who hails from El Polvo, West Texas. He is a Chicano who is still in search of his Apache roots. I met Mario last July at the Little Big Medicine Sundance in Arizona. He helped many women at the sundance who were still healing from the long terms effects of rape and sexual abuse, including some of the healers themselves.

Masauke, Linda, Mario and I had lunch at Greens, advertised as the first vegetarian resteraunt in San Antonio, where Masauke could barely stomach the veggie burger, diehard carnivour that he is. Linda, Mario and I on the other hand were delighted with the healthy vegatarian fare.

Finishing the desert, Masauke very skillfully set Mario up with a question. Masauke wanted a unique perspective on my blog through the eyes of a blind man. Mario commented that all the time that Masauke had known him he had not asked him for his opinion about anything. Masauke wanted me, the Spirit Traveller, to truly understand my blog and the effect that it had on the people reading it.

After Masauke advise me to be still and listen, this is what I heard. Mario thought for a few moments before expressing himself. He said that the blog to him was a way to journey, that he could see these places that the Spirit Traveller writes of, that he was there. He too had travelled with Masauke and he had visited several places I described including San Rafael and Las Latas, and he was able to re-visit them.

Linda, a healer and Sundancer, who is Masauke's long time companion and who makes a living as a community facilitator, also gave me her response to the blog: The blog for me is a way for me to be there with you. For example when I was reading the entry about learning the lesson about doing what you are told, that one really hit home for me in several ways. I was sitting there and reading it and smiling because I could visualize you all there. It is an opportunity to share that experience since I cant be there and in many cases I long to be there. It is also like I am learning with you or being reminded of some of those things that I need to remember about being out and about in the world. It makes me feel as though I am travelling with the both of you when I cannot be there.

Miranda, a sister in the spirit, healer and an occupational therapist, who works in berevement service, preparing those who are terminally ill and their families for dying sent me the following email: "You are truly blessed little sister. May your blessings multiply as you continue your travel with the compassionate and loving spirits. They protect you well and you are learning to listen in a respectful way. I thank you for the blog. It allows me to travel with you and to have an idea of what it must be like to meet such wonderful, knowlegeable, and spiritual people. Mitakuye Oyasin. Miranda.

Karen, a busy homeopath and midwife, who travels internationally and has spent years providing natural health services to indigenous people, also takes the time to read the blog. She wrote: I read your blog. It was really beautiful to take a little part of the journey. Thank you for writing it and for staying in touch.

Mario had some suggestion on improving the blog. He suggested that the entries were quite short and he interested in more information about the spiritual aspects of the travels. He gave me a lot more feedback from a blind man's perspective. It was at this time that I considered asking for the opinions of the other readers of the blog. I welcome your imput. Please leave comments and feedback for me on the blog or send them to travelwithspirit@yahoo.ca Many blessings...

Stay Tuned. Staywell and Travel with Spirit, Spirit Traveller.

No comments: