Thursday, July 12, 2007

Healing Myself at The Women's Altar

"Power is not given lightly but awarded to those who are willing to carry responsibility in a balanced manner" Jamie Sams and David Carson

I've been staying at the Morning Blessing Way Healing Center since Sundance ended. Daisy had invited me to come back and stay for a while. The invitation was in fact an invitation from the Grand Will, there were things I still needed to learn and much I still needed to do at the healing centre. Masauke was heading back to San Antonio with Linda after the Sundance to do some carpentry work and transform her house. Linda, who had driven from Texas to the Sundance, wanted to spend some time with Masauke and to enjoy a slow drive from Arizona to Texas, connecting with friends and relatives along the way. Spirit was again coordinating our agendas -- I would drive her car back to the women's altar allowing her to head back to Texas with Masauke and me to have a vehicle to get me back to Texas after my stay. The Great Mystery works in amazing ways if we are truly open to the workings of Spirit.

Before I had left for the Sundance, Daisy and I had done our first work together at the altar facilitating an energetic shift for a man who had a very difficult childhood and was still carrying the energetic resonances of his early childhood experiences. It had been a beautiful experience working together at the altar as we work in very different but complimentary ways. Daisy, using the flute and drum as she connects to the Great Spirit in prayer, and I doing energy work and featherwork, clearing away resonances from his energy field. He had wanted to come back for a deeper session but I had been leaving for the sundance so Daisy invited me back.

There have not been a lot of people coming to the altar since I have been here other than him. Those who come are those who should be there. When Daisy and I worked together again Daisy rebirthing this man and I helped to connect him to his mother's love and his father's strength, neither of which he had experience before even though he is now in his late 50s. It was a powerful experience for each of us - him because he was able to feel those powerful emotions and for me because it allowed me to trust my inner knowing that I would know which of the healing tools, the medicines, I carry would be appropriate and when to use them.

Daisy and I have since worked together to do an energy clearing and to introduce a visiting woman to the energy of the woman's altar. Most of the time that I have been here Daisy has been working on finishing her book. I have had the opportunity to read and review the book which tells a truly powerful story about the healing of her son and her spiritual journey. As well, I have had time to experience a new martial art - Aikido at the local Aikido dojo, to write and to visit several local organizations and individuals some of whom I had met last year when I had visited after the sundance and many of whom serendipity or the Spirit has newly presented.

Mostly what I have been doing while I have been here though is healing myself! Listening to the voice of Spirit, listening to my inner knowing and truly learning to follow that. I have been sleeping in the apartment built by Masauke ajoining the healing centre which serves as a retreat for those visiting. The center surrounded by trees and a dry wash/river bed divides it from Daisy's house and the area where the Blessing Way sweatlodge is conducted at times of the year when there is no fire ban [There has not bee a sweat since I have been here because of the fire hazard, but I am told that the monsoons are coming and hope to experience them before I leave in a few days.

Every day I have been spending time at the women's altar, meditating and praying. A few nights when I could not sleep I would go quietly into the healing centre and lie on the deerskins in front of the altar, falling asleep to beautiful dreams of a very old medicine man and medicine woman working on me as I sleep, massaging my spirit and soothing my mind, removing that which no longer serves me from my mind, body and spirit. I have been re-connecting with the exercise and meditation routine I used to follow and figuring out what is right for me at this time. I have been following a simple but very well balanced diet and getting as much rest as my body has demanded. I have been doing my headstands and my tai chi and martial arts routine regularly. It has truly been a gift to have this time at this beautiful healing centre to focus on healing myself. What a blessing indeed!

Thanks You Daisy! Thank You Linda! and Thank You Masauke! for all you have shared and for all you have taught me about listening to myself and healing myself, and most of all thank you to the Great Spirit, for working through Masauke, Linda and Daisy.

Lessons: 1) Always listen to your body and your inner knowings, 2) Know when you need a rest and take it! 3) Be true to your self and your path. Do what is right for you!

staywell and travel with Spirit in Beauty and Truth, Spirit Traveller

No comments: