Thursday, April 19, 2007

Oceans of Healing


¨"Follow your bliss! If you follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while waiting for you. The life you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you see that you begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss, and they open the doors to you. i say, follow your bliss and don´t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn´t know they were going to be. If you follow your bliss, doors Will open for you that wouldn´t have opened for anyone else! Joseph Campbell.

Since we have been in Vallarta, residing in the ´luxury´ van at the foot of the Avenida del la Republica de Chile I have personally experienced oceans of healing and have worked with Masauke on others who have received morning blessings by the ocean. Daybreak finds us on the beach with feathers in hand, I with my pelican feathers and Masauke with eagle feathers on loan from Javier. Masauke plays the flute he bought from a native Totonaco man instead of his customary eagle bone whistle, with two long eagle feathers with stems wrapped in red thread in hand the blessing commences.

Those who have come seeking blessings sit in the sand or line up facing the ocean. Masauke works on our guests with the eagle feathers. The voice, motion and actions of the feathers take the visitors on a journey to meet with their ancestors and other spirits and to connect with the power of the Ocean, La Abuela. I have been given the task of harvesting the energy of the ocean, of removing the energies that no longer serve those who are seeking healing and of renewing their energy with the energy of the abuela. I use my pelican feathers, which have a strong relationship with the ocean to gather the energy, using techniques I have learned from Masauke, from the Purepeche of Michioacan, the curanderas from San Rafael, and incorporating the movements and fluidity of my tai chi, chi gung and other martial arts training.

The energy of the ocean is strong, and as someone whose Taino spirit name depicts my relationship with the ocean waters, I work well with this powerful yet profound feminine energy. I tune in to her movements. She answers me when I call her. I take our visitors to the depth of their emotions held within the waters that flow in the rivers of their bodies. There they connect with emotions and feelings long forgotten, to re-experience them, decide they are worth holding on to or forever let them go.

I too have gone through a long process of using the powers of the ocean to heal myself since we spent 3 days at the oceans of Ixtapas after leaving Morelia, before heading back to the desert. It was there I spent a whole day observing the flight, behaviour and movements of my relations the brown pelicans,whose feathers I now hold. It was there that I began to let go of that which I had been carrying around from who knows how many life times, it is there that I really dove deeply into my own healing so that I could be a good guide for others wanting to heal themselves.

"Physician, Heal Thyself" Luke 4:23. I came to the desert to heal myself and to perfect my techniques for healing others. I was called to the ocean, to the waters of the abuela to cleanse that which I no longer needed and to connect to the power that is my name, my birthright, my heritage. I have been called again to the oceans of the bahia of Vallarta to finally leave behind the old hurts, pains, traumas, ancestral debts that have inhibited the free flow of my energy and created pools and eddies of turbulence in my health and my life. Learning the techniques of healing myself and being able to guide others through stages of their own healing has been a powerful gift from Abuela Ocean and the Great Spirit.

Lessons learned: 1)When we follow our bliss that which we seek will be revealed to us, 2)Each of the element so nature has its own voice and its own power. Take the time to listen to them. You will be surprised at what they have to tell you! 3) When the spirits speak, be they the spirts of the fire or the spirits of the ocean. Do not ignore their voices, they come as messengers from other realms with lessons to guide you on your way.-

Stay Tuned. Staywell and Travel with Spirit, Spirit Traveller.

No comments: